The control and supervision of heterogeneous technological systems is increasingly becoming a difficult topic to deal with as it is evolving extremely rapidly and the number of platforms that need to be managed in a business context is increasing: video surveillance, access control, fire fighting, perimeter systems, cybersecurity, networking, telephony, instant messaging, vehicle and people tracking, IoT systems, and much more.
Advancis’ WinGuard PSIM platform, distributed in Italy by Crisma Security, with 25 years of history and more than 2,000 installations worldwide, is one of the most popular Physical Security Management systems on the market, thanks to its scalable and open architecture allows the integration of more than 500 different systems.
WinGuard provides the user with an intuitive and customizable interface, provides an integrated view of enterprise subsystems based on navigable and interactive graphical maps, using the CCTV system to ensure live and recorded image support at the individual event. A variety of customizable workflows can be configured within the system, designed to guide the user step-by-step in managing individual incident types. Following the resolution of an incident, the system allows for the automatic creation of a summary report and its sending (e.g., via e-mail) to the appropriate managers; within the report in addition to the event data, and user annotations it is also possible to attach snapshots and video clips.
WinGuard’s user interface is available both in client-server mode and in a simplified Webclient version; in both cases, taking advantage of the multi-site capabilities, a centralized system can be set up that simultaneously allows both overall supervision of events and alarms (e.g., through an operations room) and local management at the individual site. In addition, the PSIM platform has a mobile interface for Android and IOS systems.
All information related to the management of events, alarms, and audit-trails of user activities are tracked within the WinGuard database and can be used for the creation of reports and statistics useful for the supervision and control of the integrated physical security system as a whole.
WinGuard software is also equipped with a powerful rules engine that enables the implementation of automatic actions that can be freely programmed in time, or based on events from connected subsystems.
Through a rich SDK (software development kit) and its open architecture (Advancis Open Platform) WinGard can be easily extended in terms of functionality and user interface components to go along with specific project requirements.
WinGuard enables the deployment of highly reliable PSIM systems distributed across the territory thanks to hot-standby-based application redundancy capabilities; in addition, the multilevel distributed storage capability enables the efficient integration of even remote sites without reliable or low-bandwidth connections.
The Advancis WinGuard solution is available in 4 different versions to best meet the needs of any size business:
- WinGuard Express
- WinGuard Basic
- WinGuard Professional
- WinGuard Enterprise
The more extensive an installation, the more datapoints are required to connect to WinGuard; for more complex needs, it is advisable to use the WinGuard Enterprise version, which allows:
- the management of geographically dispersed locations
- the use of an unlimited number of datapoints and clients
- the implementation of an architecture with redundant servers and local servers on remote sites
The main features of Advancis WinGuard are as follows:
- Scalability: With individual functional modules and the ability to freely expand the system, WinGuard always offers the perfect solution for different integration and control needs.
- Security: Network communications are protected through TLS protocol, the database can be encrypted with AES according to the highest security standards.
- Notifications: notifications are dynamically managed through the WinGuard Event Routing module that allows notification of events, text messages and voice recordings.
- Video Manager: through the WinGuard Video Manager module, analog and digital video systems can be controlled; image display, PTZ control and archive access are realized in a unified way, provided the connected systems offer these functions.
- Open architecture: Subsystems are connected to WinGuard via interfaces; in addition to support for major open standards, WinGuard offers more than 500 interface modules specific to various types of devices.
- CAD Support: WinGuard’s CAD Support allows the import or linking of CAD maps and graphical elements, in DWG, DXF and DGN formats. Using CAD Support plus, automatic transfer of detector locations to WinGuard maps is also possible.
- Mobile Devices: Access via web browser and via app (iOS and Android) enables the use of platform features from both remote locations and mobile devices.
- Video Archive: The Video Archive module allows bookmarking and and storing video clips directly in WinGuard, regardless of the video system. Bookmarks and video clips can be linked to events along with additional descriptions and notes.
Open architecture: Subsystems are connected to WinGuard via interfaces; in addition to support for major open standards, WinGuard offers more than 500 interface modules specific to various types of devices.
CAD Support: WinGuard's CAD Support allows the import or linking of CAD maps and graphical elements, in DWG, DXF and DGN formats. Using CAD Support plus, automatic transfer of detector locations to WinGuard maps is also possible.
Mobile devices: Access via web browser and via app (iOS and Android) enables the use of platform features from both remote locations and mobile devices.
Video Archive: the Video Archive module allows the creation of bookmarks and and storage of video clips directly in WinGuard, regardless of the video system. Bookmarks and video clips can be linked to events along with additional descriptions and notes.